Q: Floods bad when cold runs great when warms up

When I first crank it up won't hardly run floods bad when it warms up it runs great the colder the weather the worse it does. Ok

A: Hi. This problem is most likely caused by a...

Hi. This problem is most likely caused by a faulty coolant temperature sensor, which is sending a signal to engine management that it is colder than it actually is. This causes engine management to inject more fuel than is needed for the cooler temperature, making the engine run rich or flood. This temperature signal misrepresentation is less of an issue as the engine warms up, although it is probably still running a bit rich. If you need further help having this addressed, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the rough running issue and guide you with accurate repairs.