Q: My brakes / calipers are rusty and now are leaving rust stains on driveway. How can I stop this? 2007 Nissan Frontier

Brakes are rusty (n front brakesmostly. )Now leaving rust stains on driveway/ garage. Think it's from front brakes. How do I fix this issue?? Thanks Scott

Hello - I’m speculating you live up in the snow belt where salt and other corrosive chemicals are dumped on the road, and cause rust and corrosion. Unfortunately, the only real way to stop the rust stains you mention are to carefully remove the calipers from the strut (leaving the brake line attached), remove the pads, and mask the brake piston seal area, wire-brush or media blast the calipers, then spray a high-temp paint on them to seal the outer surface of the caliper so they won’t rust anymore (for a while at least). Be careful of using chemicals to clean up the existing rust, these treatments may damage brake seals.

3. My brakes / calipers are rusty and now are leaving rust stains on driveway. How can I stop this? 2007 Nissan Frontier