Q: 2015 Equinox hesitates at traffic light

2015 Equinox. Last week, there was frequent hesitation my wife experieced when stopped at the light. I took it to the dealer and it showed me no codes. Everything is in tip-top shape. Could my wife be wrong?

She’s probably telling the truth. Some dealers can be lazy. They don’t want to do anything for free, under warranty. There’s a lot more they could have looked at other than just codes. Anybody should road test the car with her in the car and hook up a dealer-level scan tool. When they are done, they can analyze live and mode six data for something going wrong. I’m sure there is something going on and that would have been recorded in the computer under live and mode 6 data.

If the car misfires, it doesn’t matter if it did it eight times or 50,000 times. It would still show. So take it back, and get them to road test the car with you with the machine hooked up and see what happens. If they don’t, start raising demands because your car is still under warranty and they have to do that for free. If you are still unable to get the car looked at again by the dealer, YourMechanic offers engine misfire inspections at your home or office and can make any needed repairs for you.

3. 2015 Equinox hesitates at traffic light