Q: can a undercarriage light system (Undercarriage LED) drain the battery

i own a 2012 nissan altima with approx 65000 miles on it It came with an undercarriage led light system that seems to be wired to the cars battery. i think that it is putting a strain on the battery. Headlights dim, seatbelt doesnt ding wen im not buckled in, and wen i accelerate car stalls a little it doesnt have the get up and go that it should have ive already replaced the battery once and am afraid ill have to do it again. can a simple LED light system put that much of a strain on the battery or could this posssibly be used as a GPS tracking device as well

Hi there. LED lights do not put much strain on the battery unless your leaving them on without the engine running for extended periods of time. Also, I have not know LED lights to be used as a GPS tracking device. Before replacing the battery again, have the alternator output tested. Make sure the test performed is loaded and unloaded to determine the current output of the alternator. A weak and undercharging alternator will cause the battery to be drained by the system. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that an assist you with a battery will not hold a charge inspection.

3. can a undercarriage light system (Undercarriage LED) drain the battery