Q: What is causing my car to overheat?

asked by on November 22, 2016

My car overheats after about 10-15 minutes of driving. I lifted the hood while my engine wss running and noticed the fan wss not turning. Should it be turning If no acceleration?. I filled anti freeze reservoir and car still running hot. I had to pull over on the side of the road to cool off don't know how long to sit for engine to cool off

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there:

There are several issues that could be causing your Journey to overheat. If the thermostat does not open when it should, it could cause the engine to overheat. Also if the radiator fan does not turn on when it should, it could be the source. If the fan wasn’t turning while the engine was running and was overheating, that’s a good indication that the issue may be with that part. To know for sure, you should have a professional mechanic complete a car is overheating inspection.