I have a bent EVAP line that's bent underneath the car, h...

Q: I have a bent EVAP line that's bent underneath the car, how do I know if it's leaking? Also if it's not leaking is it ok to drive?

asked by on June 01, 2017

If the line isn't leaking can I still drive the car normally, I plan on changing the lines but once the car is registered. There are no lights on in the dash, and it's a fuel EVAP line. Thanks

The car’s self diagnostics should be able to tell you if there is a leak in the line, The EVAP monitor will pull a vacuum on the tank and keep track of the fall in pressure. It will light the check engine light if it detects a fault. But the monitor only runs under certain conditions: when the fuel tank is between 1/4 and 3/4 full of gas, so if the tank is too full or too empty, you will not get a test. If you get a CEL or If you smell fuel, don’t drive the car until the problem is fixed. The catalytic converter may get hot enough to ignite any escaping vapors. If you decide you want to delegate that job, you can contact Your Mechanic. they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your EVAP system and recommend a fix.