Q: Engine bogs down

I have a 70 Chevy 350 in a 56 Chevy. Normal acceleration ok. As soon as I hit the gas engine bogs down. I have changed entire distributor system and carb and fuel pump. Still happens.

A: Hello there. Many common faults will cause ...

Hello there. Many common faults will cause your 1970 Chevrolet 350 engine to bog down. The most common faults are engine running to rich, improperly adjusted throttle linkage, fuel pressure to high, or a vacuum leak. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your engine bogging down and perform any repairs required to resolve the issue.