Q: I have a 1997 dodge ram 1500. It is not getting up to speed and acts like it has no power.

when i put the truck into gear and try to drive it acts like it does not have enough power will not go above 25 but takes forever to get up to that speed i was told to check the plugs i did they where black so i changed them and the wires but it did not help

Hi there. Check the fuel pressure on the fuel rail and see if there is at least 30 psi. If the fuel pressure is low, then either the fuel filter is plugged or the fuel pump is not producing enough fuel flow. If there is good fuel pressure, the there could be a vacuum leak on the engine. Check the vacuum hoses to see if anything is loose, cracked, or has come off. Check the intake for any vacuum leaks and also the brake booster. Step on the brakes and if you hear a slight whir sound, then the brake booster has a split diaphragm. If there is no vacuum leaks, then either the timing chain is worn and causing the timing to be off or the Mass Air Flow sensor is dirty or damaged causing the timing to be late. If you need further assistance with your vehicle having a loss of power, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a 1997 dodge ram 1500. It is not getting up to speed and acts like it has no power.