Q: No power to the fuel pump. 2002 Ford F150

asked by on February 26, 2017

Engine cut off no warning lights, changed the fuel pump, and the filter,checked the fues under the dashboard. Still not getting fuel to the engine. Tries to start when useing starting fluid.

Hello - check for a voltage drop coming out of the [fuel pump relay](https://www.yourmechanic.com/question/is-my-fuel-pump-working (in the battery junction box/fuse box underhood). That is the one link in the electrical path you don’t mention checking/replacing. A failed fuel pump relay may pass 12 volts, so a volt meter check at the pump can show 12v, but burned contacts will not pass enough current to run the pump. For confirmation, I recommend a truck not starting inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.