Q: 2007 Nissan Frontier won't go into any gear

Have a 2007 Nissan Frontier and experiencing some issues. I was backing out my truck from the drive way this morning. I reversed it fine, but when I went to try and put it into Drive the truck wouldnt move. Looked down and noticed I was in Neutral. Turned the truck off then back on and still was in neutral. I noticed that the shifter moves through each gear quite easily as if it is not setting into each gear. I still am hearing the clicking noise when i press on the brake to shift gears.

Also dont know if this could have something to do with the issue, but the lights on shifter indicating which gear i am in is very dull as if there is no power to those lights.

The shifter cable connects the interior gear selector to the transmission. This allows the driver to select the correct gear. If the cable is detached, the gear selector will just flop around but not select any gear, as you describe. So, it sounds like the cable is broken, or there may be just a bad bushing. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair your shifter issue firsthand.