Q: How is the ESC manually turned off? Could I have done this by accident?

asked by on August 09, 2017

How is the ESC turned off manually? Could I have done this by accident?

Hi BJ. On the left side of the steering wheel on the dash, you should find a button that has an image of a car with three lines behind it. This is the ESC button. By pressing this button, you can manually disable the system - and the warning light will illuminate on the dashboard in front of your. You can click this link to review how to set it and deactivate the button or refer to your owner manual to see if this clears up that light.

If the ESC light is on and you press the ESC button again and the light goes out then the button may have been inadvertently pressed and system turned off. If this happens then just press the button again to turn it back on or when you restart the vehicle is will be back on as default. If this happens without touching button then you will need further diagnosis.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr