Q: When I first start my car in the morning it has a squealing sound till its warmed up.

While still in park with the engine running the squealing sound seems to fade in an out when I turn the steering wheel 1/4 turn to the right. Is it possibly the power steering pump needs replaced?

A: Hey there. The power steering pump is a pos...

Hey there. The power steering pump is a possibility. Also the serpentine belt and/or tensioner can be bad. Prior to starting it, spray the belt with water or very lightly with something like WD-40. If it doesn’t squeal, then try replacing the belt. Replace the tensioner also if the spring feels weak. If you would rather have this diagnosed by an expert first, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the squealing sound and guide you through correct repairs.