I have a 2006 Chevy equinox It run hot when stop but not ...

Q: I have a 2006 Chevy equinox It run hot when stop but not when driving thermostat and water pump has been changed

asked by on October 02, 2017

I changed thermostat and water pump but car runs hot when sitting still but not while driving

You need to check the cooling fan to see if it is turning on when the engine temperature increases? If it does not come on then you will need to have the system checked to see if cooling fan is getting power and the motor is bad or the fan motor is not getting power and need to have the system checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic. I recommend not running the engine until it is fixed or additional engine overheat damage may happen.