Q: The car vibrates when engine running (idling).

The vibration is a new thing after the car has been parked for 2 yrs. The engine mounts and shocks are Original. After car is moving and engine is up to speed, of course the vibration is not as noticeable...it is just when sitting at stop light, vibration is bad-enough to know that something is wrong. The car was parked in garage in Woodlands for 2 yrs, periodically (+/- every 2 weeks), it was started and driven around the block. Is there a way to determine if a) only the 3 ea engine mounts need replacing, b) only the 4 ea shock absorbers need replacing, or c) if both the mounts and shocks should be replaced..?

Hi there. The engine and transmission mounts need to be replaced. The mounts keep the vehicle from vibrating when the engine is running and is most likely felt at idle. The shocks will no contribute to the vibration as the soul purpose is to keep the wheels on the ground at all times. If you need further assistance with your car vibrating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. The car vibrates when engine running (idling).