Q: Car not moving when pressing the gas pedal

When I press the gas pedal, the car won't move. If I put it into low 1, it will move, but won't move into drive.

The first thing to check would be the shifter cable and adjustment, and check the computer for transmission codes, especially range sensor codes. If the computer does not know the car is in “drive”, it will not activate the proper solenoids. It’s also possible the transmission has internal problems. Usually the hydraulic pressure is boosted when the shifter is put into manual first. It’s in your best interest to gather as much information as you can to what the transmission is doing, or not doing, before it is replaced or rebuilt.

If you would like assistance in diagnosing the issue, I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose why the car does not move when you press on the gas pedal.