Q: Shaking issue when accelerating 45-55 and 60-75 and areas between. (2007 Acura TSX manual transmission)

2007 Acura TSX shaking between 45-55 and 60-75 only while accelerating. Low speed to, but only while accelerating. Been told clutch, but 134k miles is early. Been told CV joints too. Tires and wheels are brand new and have been changed since this started. Shaking is NOT in the steering wheel! Is there an inspection port on the clutch,flywheel cover? Any opinions?

What you are describing does sound like a bad inner C/V joint or joints. Even if the C/V boot is not torn and all the grease thrown out like typically happens with outer C/V boots, inner C/V boots can get weak and fail. Typical symptoms of bad inner C/V joints is a vibration under load - while accelerating. It’s not a vibration felt in the steering wheel so much as it’s felt in the entire car. You will feel it more in your seat.

Other possibilities to look at are engine/transmission mounts. If they are wear, they can allow the whole powertrain unit (engine and trans) to shift to angles that can cause wear on C/V joints, wiring, hoses, etc. If this happens, the axles can be pulled into abnormal angles and cause a vibration as well.

If you’re unable to pinpoint the issue yourself, have a certified technician diagnose the vibration firsthand to isolate the cause.

• Shaking issue when accelerating 45-55 and 60-75 and areas between. (2007 Acura TSX manual transmission)