Q: Vibrations and then shuts off

asked by on September 30, 2016

When I start up the vehicle, it sounds like it doesnt rev out fully, then while driving i come to a slow and the vehicle starts to vibrate then it shuts off, usuall at a slow and stop position.

Hello there, many different faults that can cause your 2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara to die after starting. The most common would be the power brake booster, vacuum leak, exhaust leak, fuel pump, wiring harness fault, oxygen sensor, or a failing coil.

This problem should be fixed before driving the car any more, as it is unsafe if it continues to die. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to locate the cause of your car dying and make any repairs that are required.