Q: Transmission & brake problems

When I first got the car over tie the transmission slipped. I got a new transmission put in but they didn't change the seals so every two weeks I have to put transmission fluid in. The day after I put transmission fluid in I was on my way to Monroe, going down the highway once I reaches 75 miles per hour the car started smoking on inside and out . I have also previously changed breaks and still have problems with the breaks he sticking. The car also takes off really slow every once in a while. What cause breaks to grab? Can you tell me what would have cause the smoking? It hasn't done it since so could I have accidentally waist the transmission fluid on something to cause it to smoke?

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, leads to advising you to find another repair facility. All the work you have had done and the problems your vehicle has, should be covered by the repair shops warranty. The smoking from your vehicle, could have been the transmission fluid level was overfilled and excess fluid came out the transmission vent and onto the exhaust system. The transmission fluid leak should be diagnosed and repaired.

The brakes sticking/grabbing could be, a faulty brake caliper(s). It could also be, contaminated brake fluid. There are other possibilities for both vehicle problems. I recommend having your vehicle's smoked at 75mph once and brakes sticking/grabbing and car takes off slow once in a while be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.