Q: Air conditioner not blowing cold air

asked by on February 11, 2016

The air conditioner in my car was not blowing a lot of cold air, so I had someone put some Freon in it. Instead of helping it actually made it worse.

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote

Just because the A/C wasn’t working doesn’t necessarily mean that the Freon was low. There are several things that could be wrong, but now that you have added the Freon, you know that an undercharge was not the problem. You will need to hook up a set of gauges to the A/C system and look at the pressure readings to see what zone the issue is in. If you need assistance, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your A/C issue and determine what repairs should be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr