Q: Check engine light

Check engine light

A: Wow... 329,000 miles on your Chevrolet Upla...

Wow... 329,000 miles on your Chevrolet Uplander. Assuming you are still on your original engine, that is a long lived vehicle. If your Check Engine Light is on, YourMechanic will use an electronic code retrieval tool to download the DTC’s (Diagnostic Trouble Codes). With the codes in hand, the mechanic has the essential clues as to which vehicle system, part or component is involved in the malfunction.

In some cases, the situation (the malfunction) is straightforward and easy to address. In other cases, the codes provide merely a starting point for further diagnostics. The best thing to do is schedule a consult and YourMechanic will be pleased to assist you with diagnosing your car’s trouble codes.