Q: Key turns, no crank

The key turns .... No crank In the morning it won't start, after a number of hours it starts and it works fine all day, today it didn't. Start at all

A: The starting system is rather simple. There...

The starting system is rather simple. There are only a few components that can cause this to happen. The first place to check is with the starter. They can fail intermittently and this is a sign that it is going out. If this was the case, the crank when while starting would likely be slow and rough. You can have the starter bench tested but the test won't be loaded (as in measure the starter's ability to not just spin, but to actually crank over the engine). The battery should also be tested. If the engine starts normally when it does start, there might be an electrical issue. You will want to start by checking the ground connections first, and if necessary you can tract the power supply from the battery to the starter with a voltmeter. If you need help having this diagnosed, a certified professional from YourMechanic can comes to your car's location to pinpoint the cause of the no-start and assist with repairs.