Q: 2014 Ford c max hybrid

asked by on March 13, 2017

Hi I have a 2014 for c max hybrid my car doesn't have a gas cap just the metal piece u push the nozzle with to push gas in the tank my today this came on in my message board " check fuel fill inlet" any idea on what it could be Iv had my car a little over a year and this is the only problem Iv had with it

Gas Cap Replacement $87.91 - $199.77 Get a Quote

The “check fuel fill inlet” warning light means that there is a problem with the fuel tank fill seal. The seal could be missing, loose, damaged, distorted, or there is debris in the fuel fill inlet, and/or there is a leak in the fuel system, primarily the EVAP portion. Checking the seal and resolving any found issues will usually resolve this problem. If, however, an inspection does not reveal any obvious fault and you desire that this problem be resolved by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a fuel cap/EVAP diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.