Q: Wheel bearing

Hi,

Front drive side wheel bearing is making a bad churning noise.

Does it need just a wheel bearing replacement or a complete wheel hub replacement? How can I find out what to order on yourmechanic.com?

Also, the wheel bearing part cost is $22. Not sure how good this part will be, when I can find OEM parts for not less than $50.

Please suggest.

Regards, Sumit Dhall

Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement $142.16 - $633.18 Get a Quote

The front wheel bearings on this vehicle are contained within a unitized hub/wheel bearing assembly that also integrates ABS functionality. Consequently, if wheel bearings go bad, the whole hub assembly must be replaced. To have the replacement performed on a mobile basis, at your home, thus saving you money, the service to request from YourMechanic is wheel hub assembly replacement. In terms of recommended brands, OEM (Ford dealer), Motorcraft, SKF and comparable recognized name brands are OK to use.