Q: Car cranking, but not staying on

asked by on March 01, 2016

The car is cranking, but won't stay on. We think it might be the computer at this point due to a power surge with the battery.

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If a car cranks and doesn’t start, I would typically check the spark and fuel, either of which could be the cause of your problem. If everything tests out ok and the truck still doesn’t start, then I would suspect the computer has failed. Have a certified mechanic test your starting problems and try to rule other possibilites out before replacing the computer.