Q: I have a 2013 nissan altima 2.5 SL and it's for some reason heating up but everything seems fine I have liquids in it whats problm

asked by on June 23, 2017

Okay, my vehicle is heating up after about 30 min that I drive it, but it seems to cool down by turning on the heater on full blast until I get to were I'm going. I have enough liquids in there I just had my motor oil changed at jiffy lubes about a month ago and I checked it again and it's good the radiator has water and there's enough coolant in my car what can be my problem ?

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Based on your description it sounds like your engine is overheating. Be sure not to drive the car if it is overheating because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition, and exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr