Q: 4x4 not working. Replaced transfer case motor, control module, and tested the 4WD switch. Everything is good.

Will not shift into 4x4

Hi there. The synchronizer or fork inside the transfer case may be damaged causing the transfer case to not engage the front axle. Try to put the transfer case in 4 HI and see if the vehicle is engaging. If not, try to put the transfer case in 4 LOW and see if the vehicle will only travel at a low speed. If so, jack up the vehicle and have all 4 wheels off the ground. If the front driveshaft turns when the 4WD is engaged, then there is a problem with the front axle. If the 4WD is engaged and the front driveshaft is not turning, then there is a problem with the transfer case. If you need further assistance with your 4WD unit, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• 4x4 not working. Replaced transfer case motor, control module, and tested the 4WD switch. Everything is good.