Q: I have an 07 FJ cruiser with about 175,000 miles and I recently noticed there's a constant clicking when driving straight and turn

asked by on April 05, 2017

My FJ is making a loud clicking every few feet only when going forward, the noise stops when I'm coasting but when my foot is on the gas pedal and when braking it comes back. Makes me think it's a differential problem but the steering wheel also shakes back and forth and pulls to the left slightly. Today I noticed when making a right turn there was also a clunk. I just replaced the front cv axles this weekend and my rear ring and pinion were replaced a few months ago. I'm out of ideas any help is greatly appreciated

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. My initial thought was that this noise would be caused by damaged CV axles, but since you just replaced them, it’s more than likely that this clicking noise is a brake or wheel bearing issue. However, with so many moving parts on the front end of that FJ cruiser, it’s so difficult to pinpoint the source without completing an onsite car is making a noise inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr