Q: Car cannot move, loud noise

Yesterday I was driving my car and attempted to park it. Suddenly, there were loud sounds at the left side. Also, my tire felt as if it was falling off. Now the car won't move. If I try to move it by applying the gas pedal, there is only loud noise and the car is motionless. Do you have any idea what happened here?

Hello. We will be very happy to assist you with your 2005 BMW 330xi. Your description sounds like that of a broken ball joint or constant velocity axle. Especially being that the wheel had a feeling like it was about to fall off leads me to be even more skeptical of a faulty ball joint or CV axle. I suggest that you have the condition of those two components checked thoroughly. If you want to have this looked at for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your vehicle and determine why the car will not move.