Q: How do I get the passenger airbag sensor to recognize the passenger?

How do I get the passenger airbag sensor to recognize the passenger?

A: The passenger airbag sensor determines when...

The passenger airbag sensor determines when there is a person in the passenger seat. When the sensor determines that there is a person I the passenger seat, the passenger airbag will be turned on. However, sometimes the passenger airbag sensor on the overhead console displays that the seat is empty, and the airbag is off, even when someone is occupying the seat. Here’s what to do: 1. Turn off the car. 2. Remove any additional items from the passenger seat. 3. Use the recline lever on the outboard side of the side to move the seat to its upright position. 4. Have the passenger sit upright, and in the center of the seat. 5. Turn on the vehicle. 6. If the passenger airbag sensor detects the passenger, the passenger should stay in roughly the same position, with the seat in the same settings, for a few minutes.