when braking forcefully, when the rear end bounces back d...

Q: when braking forcefully, when the rear end bounces back down it makes a bump bump noise from my suspension any ideas?

asked by on August 07, 2016

New shocks and struts, had my wife pull forward and brake to recreate the noise, and I can't tell where it is coming from but I was thinking leaf springs or something

Have you checked to make sure your spare tire is secure? If it is, then you may be hearing the sway bar link arm bushings. Double check the shocks and strut upper mounts are secure. If you need help having this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your brakes, steering, and suspension, and let you know what adjustments are needed.