Q: Towing alarms stays on

My towing alarm started going off on in my car after parking it. I found out where to turn it off on the dashboard with my owners manual. But the alarm is still on and will not turn off. I decided to start the car again and parked it, but the alarm was still on! The dashboard says that the towing alarm is off, but it’s still on. I called a local repair shop and they told me to find a button on my dash that looked like the backend of a car with a hook and push it in. I couldn't find that button on my dashboard or anywhere, and it’s been on for 3 hours now. The sound is getting faint and the battery will probably be dead soon. Do you know how to turn it off?

This vehicle should come equipped with the button to turn off the towing alarm. The owners manual will show where the button is located in picture form. With the alarm staying on, this may indicate a wiring issue or that the tow alarm system has had a major malfunction.

I’d suggest having qualified technician assess your vehicle to help diagnose your electrical issue and perform any repairs that are required.