Q: Our car keeps shutting off after driving a few miles

I drove about 5 miles, the check engine light came on, so I started heading to the shop. It totally shut off, lost all power. After about 20 minutes, it started back up, but after driving a few more miles, it shut off again. I decided to just have it towed home cause I had my kids with me.

The Check Engine Light coming on was an indication that there is a problem. Did you notice high temperature or if the engine was overheating? If there were no indications other than the Check Engine Light, then the system would need to be scanned to see if you lost crankshaft signal from the sensor or if another issue is present.

I’d recommend having the Check Engine Light diagnosed by a qualified technician, from there they will be able to find out the reason why your vehicle died and make the necessary repairs to get it running normally again.

3. Our car keeps shutting off after driving a few miles