Q: Advice on buying a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT

asked by on May 15, 2016

I'm looking at purchasing a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. Should I be concerned for the future costs of repair as Pontiac is no longer around and since it is an Australian import or whether there will always be parts for it being a GM vehicle?

There will always be parts available to some extent because a lot of these parts are interchangeable. Pontiacs can be fun cars to drive. My advice is to not pay too much for it. Because, when they don’t make cars anymore, their value drops unless they become a collector’s item. They don’t hold up all that much. So don’t pay too much for the car. But they can still be fun to drive and a lot of parts will probably be available for quite some time since they are using engines that are 8 cylinder engines that are common for GMs to use.