Q: Hi I have a 2012 Subaru Impreza when I got in the car this morning the check engine light was on every light was on blinking so I

asked by on July 07, 2017

Hi I woke up this morning started my car and the check engine light came on along with every other light the tire pressure and cruise control is blinking so I took it to a shop had them hook it up to the computer and it came back O2 sensors and he told me I have an exhaust leak he told me he didn't know how much it would be to fix it couldn't give me any help so I'm just trying to find someone who can help fix the car at a fair price

Exhaust fume odor in car Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Exhaust leaks are a high priority to fix due to the dangers of carbon monoxide. Also, dependent on leak location, exhaust leaks can throw off the proper operation of otherwise good oxygen sensors. To request identification of where the exhaust leak is, and the appropriate repairs, please request an exhaust leak diagnostic. With regard to the oxygen sensors, once all leaks are repaired such sensors have to be directly tested before they can be condemned. On average, your car is on the early side to have "failed" oxygen sensors although only actual tests will tell. My advice is request the leak repair and the responding mechanic can advise you, during that visit as to the other required diagnostics, and repairs, to resolve all the issues. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.