Q: Front creaking noise appears when driving. The noise is on the right side.

Hallo Ben. I live in South Africa. I drive a Hyundai i20 1.6. The car now has 167000kms on the clock. I started hearing creaking sound from the left(passenger side) a while back. I went to a garage and as it was raining there was no noise. The noise came back again when it dried up. I then took the car to the Hyundai garage and they kept it for a day and said that they lubricated the strut assembly. The noise was gone. Great. The next morning the creaking was back. So logically I presumed that if they had lubricated the strut assembly, then this could be the problem. I then purchased a strut assembly set for both left and right. This cost a fortune. I then had it fitted. Driving for about a kilometer the sound was back. I am now at wits end. Please do you have any advise. Thanks Geoff

Hi there. The issue that you are having is the lower control arm bushings are worn out and dried up. I recommend replacing the lower control arm bushings on both sides on the front of the vehicle. The rubber becomes hard and does not flex properly. This will begin to squeak and eventually fall apart. Polyurethane bushings are the best to buy, but they squeak by definition. Those bushings are very hard and not very flexible but they will last 12 years or more. I recommend putting the bushings that were made by the manufacture to keep the vehicle from squeaking. If you need further assistance with your vehicle squeaking on the right side, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Front creaking noise appears when driving. The noise is on the right side.