Q: The interior lights and the head lights randomly flicker in Chevy Tracker

I have a 2001 Chevy Tracker. For some reason, the interior lights and the head light randomly flicker when I drive. Is it the alternator?

A: It could be the alternator. You can go and ...

It could be the alternator. You can go and have any mechanic, anywhere take a look. Most guys do it free--they can check your batteries and alternator. It takes five minutes and they can tell you if the battery is weak or the alternator is weak. Lots of times it is the alternator. But it can also be wiring, especially ground wires that are bad. You basically want to hope that it is the peasy light, battery or alternator and not the electrical short--electric shorts can take hours and fortune to crack down and find where the problem is. If you need help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your light issue and make the needed repairs for your car.