Q: Car won't stay started - 2006 Kia Spectra

I bought a brand new battery and alternator and replaced the old on my car but the battery light still on and my battery keeps being drain. It's a 2006 Kia spectra. Can anyone please help me, thank you.

A: Hello. This may be caused by a failing volt...

Hello. This may be caused by a failing voltage regulator. As you know, this is a unit that monitors and regulates the alternator charging of the battery. When this is not working properly, it may overcharge or undercharge your battery ultimately destroying the life of the battery. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location and diagnose your car's charging system to be sure it is working properly.