Q: How do you use the headlight switch?

How do you use the headlight switch?

Your car is equipped with headlights that should be used when driving at night, as well as in many other situations when ambient light is low or visibility is obscured (when it’s raining, in fog, when it’s misting, etc.). Of course, you need to know how to turn those headlights on. It’s easy – here’s how:

• The headlight switch is located on the left side of the dash (it also controls your turn signals).

• Turn the knob on the end of the switch forward to turn the lights on in this order:

• Off: The first position and where the switch should be if you’re not using the lights)
    • Parking Lights: This turns on the parking/side marker lights, as well as your tail lights, license plate lights and running lights.
    • Headlights: This turns your headlights on (low beams).
    • Auto: Use this to set your headlights to auto if your car is equipped with auto lights. In this position, the headlights will automatically come on when the ambient light level drops enough.

Tip

If your car is equipped with daytime running lights, the first position for the light switch engages your daytime running lights.