Q: Transmission swap 1997 Ford F150

Hi I have a 1997 Ford F-150 but the engine is dead on it and I was wondering if the transmission can be put into a 2000 Ford F-150

Hi - the short answer to your transmission swap question is "maybe". There are 4 possible automatic transmissions between 1997 and 2000 for the F150 (E4OD, 4R100, 4R70W, 4R75E/W). There will be a metal tag on each transmission indicating which one is installed in each. If the tags match, make sure the wiring harness for the transmission, and the controller match as well.

3. Transmission swap 1997 Ford F150