Q: Transmission swap 1997 Ford F150

Hi I have a 1997 Ford F-150 but the engine is dead on it and I was wondering if the transmission can be put into a 2000 Ford F-150

Hi - the short answer to your transmission swap question is "maybe". There are 4 possible automatic transmissions between 1997 and 2000 for the F150 (E4OD, 4R100, 4R70W, 4R75E/W). There will be a metal tag on each transmission indicating which one is installed in each. If the tags match, make sure the wiring harness for the transmission, and the controller match as well.