My wife was driving this morning and heard a bang and tho...

Q: My wife was driving this morning and heard a bang and thought she blew a tire or got rear ended. There was fluid that was leaking.

My wife was driving her car this morning and heard a bang and thought she blew a tire or was rear ended. She pulled over immediately and saw there was fluid leaking from under the driver side rear wheel well area. I was at work and came back to retrieve the vehicle. There was a trail of fluid stain I could see on the road but not a massive amount and it was not leaking anymore. I thought maybe it was a blown brake line, but I checked the reservoir and it was full. I checked the coolant levels and they were fine, and same thing with power steering. I drove it home and it still had plenty of firm resistance on the brake pedal and was not leaking fluid. I jacked the car up and took off the wheel but did not see any fluid stains or signs of a leak. The axel bushings on both rear wheels are looking pretty worse for wear, but I did not see any signs of fluid. I'm at a loss, but don't want to drive it to a shop in case anything happens.

Hi Joel. Thanks for contacting us today. This is actually a service that we offer, where one of our mobile mechanics can come to your location and determine what has been damaged, what fluids were leaking and what repairs are needed. You can set up an on-site inspection by clicking this link.