White smoke ticking not overheating 2005 v8-5.3l chevrole...

Q: White smoke ticking not overheating

asked by on August 07, 2017

Engine light, white smoke, ticking under hood, checked coolant pressure its not leaking, not overheating, oil not milky, white smoke doesnt smell like coolant. Assuming from that it isnt head gasket.

If you have white smoke out of the exhaust and are not getting low on coolant then you may have a cylinder that is low on compression or not firing. Have the misfiring cylinder compression checked on that side of the motor to see if you have low compression from piston or valve train problem.