Q: My car needs new lug nuts

I am looking for some aftermarket lug nuts for my car. I replaced my lug nuts last year, but they have started rusting because of salt on the roads from this past winter. I currently have ones that I bought from the dealership. They have metal caps that break off if you use the wrong socket. Any suggestions where I can find a good replacement?

Hi there. The ones from the dealership that are the same as the originals do have this issue. You can purchase good aftermarket ones from a tire shop or from just about any parts store. You just need to be sure that you are using solid, chrome, acorn-stye lug nuts. With these you will not have the same issue. If you would like to have someone prepare the lug nuts for you, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace or tighten the lug nuts to the appropriate specifications.

3. My car needs new lug nuts