Q: My car needs new lug nuts

I am looking for some aftermarket lug nuts for my car. I replaced my lug nuts last year, but they have started rusting because of salt on the roads from this past winter. I currently have ones that I bought from the dealership. They have metal caps that break off if you use the wrong socket. Any suggestions where I can find a good replacement?

A: Hi there. The ones from the dealership that...

Hi there. The ones from the dealership that are the same as the originals do have this issue. You can purchase good aftermarket ones from a tire shop or from just about any parts store. You just need to be sure that you are using solid, chrome, acorn-stye lug nuts. With these you will not have the same issue. If you would like to have someone prepare the lug nuts for you, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace or tighten the lug nuts to the appropriate specifications.