Q: slow ignition start

When I start my car, it is slower to start than usual. Nothing alarming, but definitely different. No battery light or check engine light notification, however. What could it be? hopefully not the alternator!

If the starter sounds weak when the key is turned, it is likely that the battery was low on charge or the starter is actually getting weak. I would recommend having the battery voltage level tested during a starting sequence. If the voltage of the battery drops below ten volts, the battery is no longer at the performance level that it needs to be to start the vehicle. If the battery test is good, the starter is most likely the issue in which case I would recommend having the starter replaced by a qualified professional.

3. slow ignition start