Q: Gear shift lever stuck in Park

asked by on February 15, 2016

My gear shift lever is stuck in Park. I believe the gear release spring is broken.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This is a very common problem for your type of vehicle. Oftentimes, there is a component in the shifter mechanism that fails, and causes the shifter to be unable to come out of park. The repair for this is to replace the shifter assembly. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you and diagnose the cause of your inability to shift into Park, so the correct repair can be made.