Q: Smell gas inside my car

Iam smelling gas inside my car

A: If you are smelling fuel fumes inside the c...

If you are smelling fuel fumes inside the car then you should not drive the vehicle until the fuel leak is identified and fixed. If you smell the fumes there is a risk of a fire which makes it unsafe to drive.

Have the vehicle towed to a mechanic or have a mechanic come to you in order to pinpoint the source of the smell. The inspection will determine where the leak is and the repairs needed to fix it.

You may have hit something on the road and ruptured a fuel line or a line could have gotten rubbed through on the engine somewhere. Also, the fuel filter may be leaking at the line connections or the fuel tank may have a hole. It will have to be inspected thoroughly to find the exact source of the leak.