Q: The car suddenly died out at the traffic light

asked by on June 14, 2016

The other day when I was driving and stopped the car at the traffic light, it died out when I was about to continue driving. It happened out of the blue. I had the battery checked and it fine. The car is getting both the fuel and air. The only problem is that there is no spark. What is causing this? How can I fix the issue? Thank you.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, many different faults can cause a vehicle to stall when stopped. A few of the most common causes would include: torque converter issues, a bad mass air flow sensor, exhaust and vacuum leaks, a faulty EGR valve, a bad oxygen sensor, or a fuel pressure issue. If you have fuel and air, most of these still apply as the car requires specific values to run properly for fuel pressure and the air intake. If you want to have this checked, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your stalling issue and perform any repairs required.