Q: Transmission issue while accelerating?

A while back I noticed my car nudges itself while speeding up. Ex. If a car in front of me slows down to turn and then once they turn, I get back in the gas to speed up, the car kind of sputters once or twice before it starts to speed up. I took it to a dealership and they said my transmission fluid was burnt, which in turn they recommended me to do a transmission flush, which I did. They said the transmission looked fine and that there was no metal debris in the old fluid. Couple days after, the car is still doing the same movement as before when I accelerate.

A: Hey there. This may be a sign of a faulty t...

Hey there. This may be a sign of a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car's computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for the sputtering.