Q: My engine died while driving and now won't start.

So I have a 1995 jeep wrangler 2.5L YJ. I started having problems starting it about a year ago. I started with little thing's such as spark plugs, distributor cap, etc. Then one day I turned the car off at a resturaunt to eat and when I went back to go home it wouldn't start back up. Turns out the starter went out. Got a new starter and still was having problems. It would act like it wasn't getting enough gas, but it would still turn on. So I changed fuel filter and fuel pump and wasn't it. At this point, it's winter and it's cold outside. It got to the point where I could only get it started when the main relay for fuel pump would tick and engine light would come on. I figured out that the cause was most likely ecu. Changed it and it started beautifully. I was driving down the road today and it just died on me. Wouldn't start back up. I'm stumped. Got it started once and was sputtering. Gave it gas and it sputtered and died. Acts as if flooded, but spark plugs are dry.I smell no fuel

Hello. Stalling can be caused by a wide variety of issues. If it was previously known that there was an issue with the main fuel pump relay then I would start there. Any issues with the fuel pump relay can cause the vehicle to experience stalling, if power to the fuel pump is cut off as a result. If you cannot smell fuel and the plugs are dry, it is not very likely that flooding is your issue, more likely than that, the opposite, a lack of fuel. I would start by checking the vehicle’s fuel pressure and going from there. Also keep in mind that the stalling can also be caused by issues with the ignition, or engine management systems. If any of the components to these systems, such as an ignition coil or engine sensor, develop an issue they can cause the engine to experience performance issues and stalling. As the range of possibilities is wide, if you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing the issues.