Q: I am thinking of buying. I have never owned a Nissan. How many miles do these cars usually last? Good buy at $7000? Drives well.

asked by on February 16, 2017

I just do not know enough about cars to know whether or not 95100 is a lot for a Nissan Cube. My Toyota ran past 300,000 miles. I test drove it, it drives well. No warranty though. Just hoping you can help me out I do understand any car has risks...repairs etc..the carfax report looked good no major repairs etc..I have also never owned a car with CVT ..is that reliable? Thank you so much for your time.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Your head is in the right place about inspecting the vehicle and doing some research on it. While we can not advise you to buy the car or not, you should do some research on your own, and have done what we call a "pre-purchase inspection". This means a tech will meet you at the vehicle, and inspect it for any signs of damage, or potential repairs you are looking at making up front. What you can do on your own is research any TSBs on the vehicle. These are technician service bulletins that pertain to issues the manufacture knows are going on with that make and model. If there are any serious TSBs that have not been addressed, this may be a cause for concern. The CVT (constant variable transmissions) is one of the newer types on the market, but they seem to be holding up well for those manufactures using them. The vehicle’s lifespan has more to do with how well the car has been maintained. Consider looking up any repair history, so you know what they have or have not maintained. For a pre-purchase inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.