Q: Keyless entry and remote programming

My Scion TC's power locks work fine when pressing the lock and unlock button. The red light turns on when pressing a button on the key fob. I cannot unlock or lock the door using the key fob. I wanted to reprogram the remote by using instructions I found online, but it is not working. It could be that I'm not programming the key fob properly or something else.

Hello. Reprogramming the immobilizer system of your vehicle is very pattern sensitive process. All the steps have to be completed in a near perfect sequence or else the reprogramming may not register. It usually takes someone, possibly even some technicians a few tries to get the reprogramming procedure to work. It is likely no more than a reprogramming error causing your key fob issues. A guideline for reprogramming your key fob can be found at http://blog.keylessentryremotefob.com/2013/08/2010-scion-tc-key-fob-remote.html If it doesn’t work after several reprogramming attempts I suggest that a technician retry the reprogramming procedure then if necessary diagnose your immobilizer system for other possible causes.

If needed you are able to find a technician here

https://www.yourmechanic.com